Saturday, March 6, 2010

Slick Top

When I look in the mirror, there is a bald guy staring back at me. It isn't completely gone, but it has come out rather patchy and so it was more fashion conscious to go ahead and shave the little that was left. So, another milestone, or at least a step.

The Bible doesn't have a lot to say about being smooth on top. Leviticus 13:40 says, "And the man whose hair is fallen off his head, he is bald; yet is he clean." Then there is a rather graphic incident about some young toughs who made fun of a bald-headed prophet in 2 Kings 2:22-24. Let me spare you the details, but making a public mockery of a bald prophet is a very bad idea.

A friend sent me this poem on facebook:
         “God is great, God is fair,
         To some He gave brains and others hair."

Positively, this new hairstyle is very low maintenance. Negatively, I feel every cold breeze on my head, be it ever so slight. Hats are my friend.

Here is a look...

By the way, that basket to my right contains the cards and notes many of you have sent. If I printed out all the encouraging emails so many have sent, the room would be full. Your words mean more than you know, and your prayers, well, they make all the difference. Thanks!

I'll be updating you more about the next steps as we near the end of the week and we go back to Emory.

Blessings,
Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment