Monday, March 22, 2010

Big God

(Day +3 after transplant)

Today has been pretty good. Walked a couple of miles (one mile each time) and hiccupped a whole lot. Counts were a bit more stable today than yesterday. However, they should drop over the next day or two. This is normal.

This morning I was reading a little about one of God’s names, “Jehovah-Sabaoth.” It is translated “The Lord of Hosts." This name of God meets failure and offers deliverance. The Lord of Hosts delivered Goliath into David’s hand. It is good to be reminded that God is huge. He can handle whatever we encounter, if we are right with Him and following Him. He isn’t my “cosmic bellhop” to do my bidding, but He IS in control.

Possibly when you saw the title of this post, you thought something amazing had occurred in my treatment. Well, not yet. But everyone says I am on schedule. Pray that I will continue to sense His presence in the daily routines here, my time alone with him, and other opportunities I may have. Pray that God will be glorified in it all.

I am anxious to get back in the saddle, but know that patiently waiting, praying, listening, and growing may be exactly what God desires to put me in the right saddle, on the right horse, and headed in the right direction. It will all come together in His time.

Thank you all for your continued prayers, notes, emails, and thoughts. You guys are great!

No comments:

Post a Comment