Saturday, March 20, 2010

Another Quick Update 3/20

This is a short post just to bring you up to date. At least I think it is going to be short. I never know when I start these things.

I got my stem cells back yesterday. We celebrated. They put balloons on my door. They sang to me the Stem Cell Birthday Song. (I do not know the official name.) So now we wait. The doctor that came in this morning told me I would have about a week, starting in a day or two, that one of the other doctors calls the “miserable phase.” This is the period of time we will be waiting for my stem cells to kick in and start replacing the blood cells that just normally die. So, while perhaps not much to look forward to, it helps to know what to expect. During this period, the staff will keep a very close eye on me to make sure I stay okay. The staff, by the way, has been great here at Emory.




Just keep lifting April and I up. We are doing well and moving through each thing and each day as God opens it to us. Your prayers mean more than you know, and are the key to God being glorified and my being healed.

No comments:

Post a Comment