Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A New Schedule

Today, we went to the clinic for blood work, and then received some potassium and magnesium. The chemo and such does lots to imbalance things like this so it was good to get what I needed. Afterwards, we met with the Stem Cell transplant nurse coordinator and my doctor. We signed the consent form for the stem cell transplant after my doctor went over the scary page (all the side effects and things that could go wrong.)

We also got a schedule that is quite a bit different from what we have been thinking. There has to be four weeks between the intense chemo I received two weeks ago and the start of the transplant process. The good news is that we get to go home to North Augusta for a couple of weeks, and then come back for the transplant mid-March. It will be nice to have a break.

Today, as I was receiving my magnesium and potassium, April asked me something about Psalm 139. After answering her question, I took the time to read the whole Psalm and was reminded just how intimately aware our creator is of each of us. He knows how we are made. He knows what we are going to say before we say it. He is aware of every one of us all the time. In spite of what we face in this life, we do not go it alone. He is with me as I go through this treatment and seek to deal with this disease. He is with my wife as she takes on the role of caregiver (extraordinaire, I might add). He is with you no matter what you are facing.

Thank you for your continued prayers. They continue to be the essential element in all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment