Sunday, February 14, 2010

Not Knowing Where You Are Going

"By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going." - Hebrews 11:8

This verse was quoted in another blog I keep up with, and when I read it, I thought, "that is the way I feel right now." We have come through week one with intense chemo, and now we are doing something different, at least to some degree, every week, and I don't know what it is going to be like, feel like or whatever. An adventure, for sure. This week is mobilizing the stem cells. Next week is collecting ten million or so of those little fellas.

Instead of me shooting people with a Canon (camera) my wife (an RN, for those who don't know) is shooting me. She gave me two shots this morning. Happy Valentines Day! She is a great wife and a great nurse.

So how am I doing? Overall, pretty well. I have sort of an underlying nausea feeling, but, with proper medication, it is livable. Appetite is suppressed somewhat, but that will not likely hurt me either. Energy level isn't very high, but I am getting around and doing what needs to be done. Much of the time I am sort of in slow motion.

God is still God, and He is in control. Like Abraham, I cannot see around the corner to know what is ahead. But I know that God knows, and that is who counts. He is the one who will bring us up this hill and to the destination He desires.

Thanks to all of you for your prayers and your encouragement during these days. It means more than you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment