Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Growing Seed

Mark 4: 26-29  
He also said, "This is what the kingdom of God is like. A man scatters seed on the ground. Night and day, whether he sleeps or gets up, the seed sprouts and grows, though he does not know how. All by itself the soil produces grain—first the stalk, then the head, then the full kernel in the head. As soon as the grain is ripe, he puts the sickle to it, because the harvest has come."

I think about all the places I have been allowed to go, and how often we were limited to simply sowing seed, and not being able to speak openly about the most important thing. Sometimes that has been very difficult, because you want to tell them, and you cannot return to report big numbers to our results-oriented American mindsets. Many do not understand who have never been in such situations. But I love this line about once the seed is sown, “all by itself the soil produces grain.” The seed has to be sown, and once in the heart-ground of the recipient, it begins to sprout and grow. We are not allowed in on the timetable for such. We just have to trust.

Update: (2.10.2010)
Here at Emory, I had my central line installed on Monday, and Monday night began my 96 hour continuous chemo deal. Side effects so far are minimal. I feel pretty good. I am able to read, write on the computer, do a few little doodads for work, go for some walks, and watch a bit of TV from time to time. And of course, there are naps.

The staff here is wonderful. They are pleasant, efficient, helpful and encouraging.

Please continue to lift us up to the Father as we work through this phase and then start the next related to my stem cell transplant. If you are in the neighborhood, we are open to company, if you are open to wearing a mask, are over 16, and not contagious with anything.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you guys! Emory was great to me for my brain surgery! Hope things continue to go well!
    -Claire

    ReplyDelete