Friday, February 12, 2010

Friday, Feb. 12 Morning Update

Just to get the word out...

Day four of intense chemo is a tad shorter. They are hoping to get us out of the hospital by 8:00 PM, when we will head back to my mom's - provided we are not stuck here by the blizzard. Part one just about complete.

This has been intense, even though the side effects have not, and that is a praise. All the meds have done a number on me, so that I had to have two packs of red blood cells yesterday, along with additional potassium and magnesium. I am also learning a little about bone pain (not real bad) and the pain medication to deal with it.

Next week begins "mobilization" where April will give me shots that will cause my bone marrow to expel my stem cells so they can be collected the next week. That is the next step.

Again, thank you all for your prayers. Continue to pray that God will be glorified, adn that my body will respond as He desires to treatment. On a very practical level, pray that the predicted snow for Atlanta today will not hinder us from getting from the hospital to my mom's this evening.


Philippians 4:13, 19!

No comments:

Post a Comment