Friday, June 20, 2008

June 15-20 - Another week closer to the end

This has been a rather crazy week, but not a bad one. Monday was spent seeing our two teenagers off to camp, staff meetings, stuff, a bit of exercise and a last meeting with some really great high school guys (who were not able to go to camp). Even though I no longer am a youth pastor, I still enjoy spending time with a small group of them who are doing their best to learn and to be consistent Christ followers. When there is a "bad" day at the office, spending time with young people who love Jesus reminds me why I do church. [Note: following Jesus is easier than doing church. They are not mutually exclusive, but neither are they the same.] Tuesday and Wednesday were good days. Managed to exercise (walk - I just gotta do it) each day. Wednesday afternoon got to renew some friendships with some old friends. Fun! Spent some time at my mom's on Thursday and Friday, helping her get some things done. Back in Augusta to meet the teens as they arrived home from camp.

I really am trying to do more exercise. My flabby body needs it, and so does my heart, lungs, and stress level. It is also a great time to listen to podcasts from some of my favorite speakers - Andy Stanley is at the top of the list, but I have been listening to Perry Noble some as well. Perry is rather earthy sometimes - must be that he was a youth pastor early on - but he has something to say. I also have a few old messages by Jack Taylor and Dave Busby that God used to change my life that I listen to occasionally. Anyway, the latest motivation for exercise (other than the mirror!) is a note from a Christian worker we'll be visiting in September. He noted that the apartment he and his wife live in is 64 steps up. Gotta love Eastern Europe!

Tonight I have been catching up on Carrie's and Eli's blogs, and about to see what Griggs (DIG) has been up to this week.

I'll try to post something "spiritual" in a day or so... but isn't helping your mom "spiritual"? I think so.

The next post may have something to do with Revival - mine, and the one you probably need.

No comments:

Post a Comment