Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Quick Update

Okay, I know that it has been forever (it seems) since I put up a post, so here is a quick update. Having treatments closer together during Thanksgiving week did give me a bit more side effects, but I made it through. The next week (last week) was rest week from the meds, and I got several things done around the house that I had been working toward for awhile. The biggest being painting some in our Living/Dining Room, finishing a project I started over a year ago.

Monday, I started the third cycle of chemo. I got a larger dose than usual of the steroid. For those that do not know, some steroids produce a lot of nervous energy and you get lots done. All the interior Christmas stuff was done between the time I got home from the office and went to bed that night.

Now we are seeking the best option for the Autologous Stem Cell Transplant that will be done early next year. The insurance company wants us to go to Atlanta, rather than having it done here. Here is how I am praying, and I ask you to join with me. I cannot see or know compared to what Father sees and knows. I pray to be able to do everything here, unless there is some issue, nuance of treatment, or something else that would only be dealt with in Atlanta. I have to trust God in this, since He sees far more than we can ever see, especially when looking forward. So pray that His best and His glory will be served in all of this, and that He will give us peace in whatever situation we find ourselves.

Thanks for your prayers! They are the essential element in all of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment