Monday, September 1, 2014

Devoted to Take Time


Okay, I am back, I hope.  Seems I have lots of thoughts about a blog post, but just haven't been very disciplined about it. I guess that is obvious since my last post was over two years ago! In case you are wondering, my health is still stable, and am now in year five of remission. Pray for many more years. Thanks!

Many of our small groups at my church are studying the Book of Acts in the Bible. I wrote most of this back in June, when I was beginning my study in Acts and happened to be out of the country on mission.


Acts 2:42 “And they devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers.

I have the privilege of traveling around the world to share Christ with others. A few months ago I had the opportunity to serve with a group of wonderful believers. As I have seen on countless trips, no one has to tell participants to spend time in the word and prayer. But we don't need to take that time just on mission trips. We need to be like the people of the early church in Acts 2:42.

Today, there are so many opportunities for studying, learning, growing and applying the truths of the Gospel. Multiple translations, amazing teachers available at the click of a podcast, and many really good books. Certainly you should chose with care because all that purport to be solid are not, but many good resources are available.

The main thing is, take the time. "Take" is the key word here. Our culture is incredibly busy. You have to take the time. Take time for reading and thinking over what you read from the Bible. Take time to talk to others (fellowship) about the things you have learned or are learning from God and the Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment