Monday, June 21, 2010

Testing 1-2-3

Haven't put anything here for awhile. The last couple of weeks have been both great and busy. Last week our church had vacation Bible School, and I was assisted by a crew of teenage guys shooting video of the week. It was fun. We put together a highlight video for the week, which is more meaningful to folks in our church that many other readers. I will say that if you are near my age and went to VBS as a kid, it has come a long way!


VBS Highlights, June 14-18, 2010 from Curtis Church Media on Vimeo.

Saturday, I was out running a few errands when I got a call from our Personnel Team chairman, who told me my Sr. Pastor was really sick (sinus junk - I know about that!) and could I preach Sunday morning. I agreed, and all my way to Walmart, I prayed and said, "Okay, God, what would you like to say tomorrow." God gave me a direction which sort of turned into a Father's Day/Missions message. No video, but if you want to listen, you can do that at the link below.





Testing 1-2-3  -  Health Update
Well tomorrow is a the big day, day 100-ish after my Stem Cell Transplant. It is actually day 96, but the Emory folks said that is close enough. So tomorrow we'll be having some tests at 1:00 PM, see some Medical Professionals (Usually a Nurse Practitioner, and possibly a Doctor) at 2:00, and then a Bone Marrow Aspiration at 3:00 PM. Not fun, but they give you some meds to make it far more tolerable. We won't get results until July 6. We are praying and trusting God for a great report. Pray with us.

As far as how I feel... I feel great. Like I could hop on a plane and go anywhere. But, for now, that has to wait on God's timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment