Saturday, April 3, 2010

Freely Giving

Tomorrow is Easter. We celebrate the resurrection of the Lord. What a God we serve. What a Savior we have!

This morning, Romans 8:32 was stuck in my head. “He who did not spare his own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him freely give us all things?” God is going to take care of His children. The preceding verse ends with, “If God is for us, who can be against us?”

Now in my seventh month of this cancer reality, I can say God has freely given many times. He has given me hope when the clouds of despair and doom were gathering. He has spared me many of the terrible side effects of treatment. There have been some miserable days, bad moments, and hate-this-stuff hours. But there have been many more good days. My family blesses me with their love and care. My church prays and supports me in countless ways. I am the recipient of excellent medical care. Most of all, I am being prayed for by thousands of people around the world. His presence has never left me for a moment. I have never felt abandoned. Praise the Lord.

I have been out of the hospital for two full days now. I am able to walk outside, and each day I feel a little stronger and can go a little farther. I also get to enjoy the flowers. Things are just starting here, but I have enjoyed the large "Tulip tree" in my Mom's front yard. Thursday, it was beautiful. Today, almost all the petals are on the ground, but that is its time. Below are a couple of pics I took of that tree. 

Thanks for your prayers! Don't let up!




No comments:

Post a Comment