Monday, October 26, 2009

Real Deal

Well, the test results showed what the doctor expected. Wish the news was better, but that wasn't today's report. So, in a few minutes, I was connected up tp get my first treatment.

God and his miraculous hand is not out of the picture. It never is. So keep praying. God can do whatever he wants to do, whenever he wants to do it.

Reading scripture, I find that there are many times where divine deliverance occurs, but I also find times it does not. One of the first scriptures that came to mind, though, when this began to come into focus in recent weeks was the story of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego - or Hannaniah, Mishael and Azariah. (See July post on Thick-headed Neb.) The part I remembered was the line from the three Hebrew children who told Nebuchadnezzar that they had no intention of bowing down to his idol, and that God could deliver them from his fiery furnace. But (and here is the kicker) "even if He does not we will not bow down." Now that is boldness and faith. Not easy, but strong.

I like to have that kind of faith. I want to have it. I hope to model it. But the truth is, I vacillate between confident faith and being scared to death. God can handle that honesty.

My treatment schedule is to be, if no problems or adjustments, are to be each Monday and Thursday for two weeks, then a week off. So pray on those days, and pray the side effects, if treatment must continue, will be mild. And, most of all pray that God will be glorified in it all.

Thanks for all the notes, emails, posts, etc. Some of you who have been through this deal have sent good advice. I appreciate that.

3 comments:

  1. Uncle Tommy, I am praying for you that this will be a seamless process and a faith builder for all involved. I love you, Beth and Addie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pastor Tom,

    Our prayer group here in Medgidia met today and prayed for you and your family. We will continue to pray. You have inspired us with the strength and faith you have revealed in your blog posts.

    Many blessings, Ron and Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Tom,
    The Brucker family will all be praying for you starting today(when I read your blog) and on going. Even though our time with you and April has been limited, we appreciate both of you so much. We will be faithful in praying for you. Love - Gaby, Mark, Nicholas, Ella, Susana, Clara and Ben Brucker

    ReplyDelete