Monday, December 22, 2008

One Hot Baptism

Yesterday I put my foot in the hottest baptismal water I have ever experienced. I have now done both extremes: Cold when the heater failed, and reeeaaaallly hot when the heater went berserk. It was funny if you weren't standing in the water, as the video attests. To save embarrassing the other brave souls, this is only my intro, but you will get the idea.


It was way hotter than the hottest hot tub or therapeutic whirlpool I have ever put my foot in. It reminded me of the old Eddie Murphey routine on SNL as he mimicked the godfather of soul doing a song about the "Hot Tub." The most appropriate line in that "song" was, "Haaaayy! Too hot!" You know where to find it.

By the way, another pastor (who baptized four in the firewater) finished after the service, and a large amount of ice had been added to get it to more normal temperature. (And yes, we are getting a thermometer and are adding one more duty to our baptismal committee's responsibilities... "Check the water temp.")

A baptism to remember.

1 comment:

  1. "Too HOT in the HOT TUB!" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdjv5ZwQcdQ

    ReplyDelete