Friday, July 4, 2008

A Dunwoody 4th

Attended the annual Independence Day parade that runs right in front of my mom's house today.
There was anticipation,
Many were dressed for the occasion
Honor guard
Bands
Old Soldiers
And Remembering those no longer with us.
There was a huge flag

Floats (Many with politicians riding)
There was lots of candy thrown, and the kids loved it!
A birdman from the Hawks made an appearance
And lots of friendly faces.
And a bit of advertising
What a great country we are blessed to live in!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for those pictures! It was nice to be stateside for the 4th! I've enjoyed BBQ and watermelon! I'm glad you, April and the kids got away for the day! I know your mom sure was glad! Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It was a bit different being home on the 4th. I think I have been in Eastern Europe all but twice (counting this year) since 1999.

    April didn't get to go. She was working.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pictures of the parade! Thanks for sharing.

    -- Steve Barton
    Dunwoody, Georgia

    ReplyDelete