Saturday, October 21, 2023

Grateful

 

Today, October 21, 2023, is a significant day for me. Fourteen years ago today I was in my oncologists' office for one final, definitive test, when the doctor told me that he was certain that I had Multiple Myeloma, and he had already scheduled me to start chemotherapy five days later. He was right and I did.

Multiple Myeloma is (for now) an incurable cancer in the plasma cells of the bone marrow. Effective treatments beat down the cancer so that it doesn’t take over and do its deadly deed.  

Many of you know I began a clinical trial in March of 2022 at Emory. The results started out as phenomenal, and continue to be so. I am grateful for this new treatment (my sixth). I am grateful for fourteen years and counting. I am grateful for my God who has blessed me beyond measure and for no other reason than His grace and your prayers.

I know I am blessed. I cannot explain it. But I am grateful.


No comments:

Post a Comment