Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Following the Path #2

October 2018, Peru - A farming family brings their animals home from  a day a grazing.
A few mornings ago, I was reading and writing about the events found in the Bible is 1 Samuel 7. When I came to verse 12, I remembered being in Ukraine in 1995. Some friends and I were visiting some believers, and we were meeting at their church building. During a break we took a little time to see their auditorium. On the wall high above the pulpit and choir loft were words in Ukrainian that I could not read, but the reference was decipherable: 1 Samuel 7:12. Looking it up, I found the words, “Thus far the Lord has helped us.” It was so appropriate in such a setting, in a country where faith in God had been mocked, attacked, and in many cases violently suppressed for ninety years. The encouraging reminder was painted on the wall to remind the people of God’s help in the past to encourage their trust in Him in the present and future. 

It is good for Christ followers to look back and see how God has gotten them to where they are. Seeing His hand in our lives past encourages us for the present and future. It isn't just about dealing with a cancer diagnosis, but all kinds of ways and circumstances that God works in to take us to places, people, and more. Think about how thus far God has helped you. When I do that, I am grateful.


Medical Update
Today I began cycle three in the clinical trial I am in for Multiple Myeloma at Emory's Winship Cancer. Last week I could not have treatment because my platelet count was too low (24). I ask several of you to pray that things would rebound. Today it was 204. The Nurse Practitioner I saw said that she had seen numbers come up often with a week off, but not that much. Thank your your prayers! He gets the glory. 

We won't know the results of the tests that really tell us what is going on with my MM until next week, but they expect nothing but good results. Once again, keep praying that 1) The meds work, 2) The side effects are minimized, and 3) God is glorified. You know I consider your prayers as the main thing in my treatment. 

Tom



3 comments:

  1. Praying without ceasing! God is good, then and now and to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom I am praying for you! When I heard the number count shift I was blown away. I do not understand all the meaning of the counts but I knew it was a marvelous thing. What a mighty God we serve! I pray He continues to bless you and strengthen you.

    ReplyDelete