Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Not a Crutch...

Not sure what triggered this thought today, but it happened in staff meeting. Random thoughts do enter my head during meetings, at times. I was thinking about how some people criticize believers with comments like, “religion is just a crutch.” I would clarify my stand this way: Religion may be a crutch, but a pretty poor one. However, considering what I have been through this last year or so, a relationship with Jesus is not a crutch, it is a gurney! I am not leaning on Him, I am totally supported by Him.

Everyone leans on something, be it faith in Christ, religion, working hard, relationships, addictive substances, or self-reliance. Only Jesus will “never leave nor forsake us.” (Hebrews 13:5) Faith is only as good and as strong as that in which it is placed. Sometimes my faith may waiver, but Jesus never does. He “loves us with an everlasting love.” (Jeremiah 31:3) He is always interceding for us. (Hebrews 7:25). I’ll rest on Jesus.

What are you trusting in? Maybe a better way to ask, "Who are you trusting in?"

Shot…
Yesterday, I got my first round of immunizations. Other than sore arms and a bit of a headache (which could be just being allergic to Augusta), seems things are going well.
Pray that the immunities will build, and that the process won’t make me sick. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment